Savvy Search Our Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

And here are my apologies...



Picture above is property of
MomsPartyCafe/Party Savvy Moms...
Photo by Shelley
 
Merry Christmas all!  The love and support that we have received from pintrest and all of our loyal followers is AMAZING.  As Jo alluded to in our "Apologies for my extended absence" post, we both have had some big news of late!

In her spoiler, Jo mentions Ethiopia, and that, no it is not where her new little angel comes from.  Her crazy little sister moved yet again!  Because of my DH's job, we moved to Ethiopia about 5 months ago.  It has been a wild ride.  I have alluded to our lifestyle in a couple of posts, but now is the time to elaborate.  We have been getting so many new, wonderful, comments and emails.  Those I've responded to may have noticed that I respond "in the middle of the night."  I try and answer emails in the morning, which will be most of our readers' "middle of the night."

My DH's job keeps us on the move.  We move every few years, and we have now lived on 5 continents in 5 countries (in just under 10 years).  Our latest move brought us to Ethiopia.  And yes, WE LOVE IT!  Although it is a 3rd world country, it's not what you imagine.  The people are kind and generous, and the country is just beautiful! 

The other big news is that I have gone back to work full time, for the first time since my two angels were born.  It has been a lot to get used to.  I'm feeling like a bad mom; so all you other working moms out there, send me some love.  I have a really good friend, who is an AMAZING lawyer and an even more AMAZING mom, tell me: "Give it 6 months, and you will completely forget about all the free time you had." Now, really SAHMs, how much free time do we have.  I feel like I just traded in PTA, class-mom, and carpool, for the duties of the office.  It's just that mommy guilt takes over more often now, right ladies?

So, in the last 5 months, along with being a new working mom, I have planned 2 birthday parties, hosted Thanksgiving for 3 families, made "Reindeer Food" (post to come soon), made dozens of brownies (very coveted overseas), and I am in the midst of planning Christmas dinner for 6 families...

Yesterday, to top it all off, I get a phone call on my way home from work, from my 8 year old that says "Mom, little man has had an accident."  And as much as I love Ethiopia, the traffic is beyond horrible.  DH did his best driving and got me home in time to find out the 6 year old had tried to ride our 11 year old lab mix!  The nanny did a great job carrying for him, and he's fine. A big shiner but mostly a bruised ego, and I think there were lessons learned all around. 

Please keep sending us emails, and comments!  We do LOVE them.  We are trying to figure out how to get the word out there more, so send suggestions as well. 

Stay tuned...I have to download some pictures of my weekend project with the kids; and that was making Reindeer Food for all their friends!  I will post pics, recipe and a cute poem to go with it all! 

Thanks again for all the support and love and...

PLEASE continue to come back for you daily cup of Jo and Shelley!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...